Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Wrapping up the school year

The end of the school year is approaching. Chance had a day off from work so he was able to be a Watch Dog for a day at Luke's school. Luke was so excited to show off his awesome Dad. I don't blame him! Afterwards he was sad because one of his friends wasn't at school that day and didn't get to meet Chance. 

Then I got to go with Luke on his field trip to the library, fire station and police station. It was fun touring the different places. And I always love getting to spend time with Luke! (Thanks for watching the little guys Trish and Grandma Lynn!)

Nate has been struggling with preschool for weeks. Crying everyday, emotional meltdowns, it's heartbreaking. But he is so close to the end of his school year I just hate to let him quit! I want him to feel accomplished. He says he misses me and it's just that he loves me so much! I think once he started getting sad it was hard for him to control it and then he felt like he was being bad for crying. He said his teacher's didn't like him anymore. Poor buddy. I finally decided to start reassuring him that crying is totally fine and lots of kids cry (even Luke in 1st grade!!) and it's not a bad thing. As long as he's not throwing a fit it's totally okay to cry if he feels sad. That seems to have helped him keep it together since now he doesn't feel naughty when he can't control his emotion. Plus I told him that if he stops going to preschool he wouldn't get to do the field trip or graduation/carnival. So I am relieved to report that he's hanging in there! The last couple of days he has been doing MUCH better! So proud of him.

I took Bradley and Nate to his field trip to the Kangaroo Farm. They got a kick out of feeding the Kangaroos!

Nate and some of his preschool "mates" (there are a couple different LSLS classes that went). Nate was being so good and smiling for the camera while the other kids were getting in position. Than all of a sudden he just broke down in tears! Even though I was like 15 feet away, he said he just "wanted" me. I had to bribe him with a sucker to get him to get back in the picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment