Today was not a great day. One that I would want to forget if it weren't for the moment of Luke comforting me that I will want to remember forever.
Rewind the day: Luke wasn't feeling well, so he was spending the day in my room (trying to contain the germs). Bradley has gone backwards in his pooping issues (holding it with all his might) and his bottom is so red right now I'm surprised the cops haven't shown up at my doorstep in response to the screams the whole neighborhood is being treated to at every diaper change. So somehow this day has turned into me being in a constant up and down the stairs motion as I'm trying to meet the needs of all 3 and their constant requests. Throw in the repeated meltdowns of Bradley who cannot cope when told "No" (remember? He's the screamer) plus a wrestle mania diaper change every hour and I'm nearing the end of that rope that's hanging over the water to keep me from drowning in my never ending sea of "To Do's".
Okay, so that's pretty dramatic, but today was just one of those days where I would tell Cinderella to quit her complaining. Just kidding, she had it pretty rough too.
Anyway, so fast forward to the end of my day. Chance is out running errands and I'm trying to get the boys bathed and to bed and guess who poops again? So here I am trying to clean the poop that is turning his bottom to fire and he is clenching up so hard and screaming so loud that I just want to cry. So I did. I put him in the bath hoping he would sit down (he wouldn't) and being the forever multi-tasker asked Luke to come in so I could brush his teeth. He could tell I was crying and immediately threw his arms around me and started patting my back saying, "Mom, it's okay! It's okay Mom, just breathe. Take a breath Mom. Mom, just breathe."
Now I didn't know if I want to laugh or cry, but cry seemed to win out as I'm being held by my 7 year old who suddenly turned into a grown up. He always knows how to talk me off the ledge.
Later that night he told me he prayed to God while he was in the shower that I wouldn't cry like that again. He said I take such good care of him when he is feeling sick and he wanted to make me feel better when I was feeling sad.
God Bless that boy, because he certainly blessed me with Luke.
No comments:
Post a Comment