Ever since we got back from Maui, poor Chance's heart still belongs there. He has been doing whatever he can to keep the Maui spirit alive. He begs me to buy Sweet Maui Onion chips at the store (rather pricey I might add!), and to make him Pina Colada's. I went to Costco and he told me to bring him back something Maui-like to eat.
He even made us a full on Hawaiian dinner! Complete with shredded pork, Hawaiian BBQ chicken, macaroni salad and Haupia pudding for dessert! Now there is some debate about how many times he has actually prepared us a full on meal from start to finish (I say once before, he thinks I am incorrect), but either way he did the whole thing all by himself and it was great! I was really impressed he actually pulled it off! I totally forgot to get a picture of the finished product!! I'm so mad! Oh well, this early morning prep picture is all I have to document this rare sighting of Chance cooking us dinner.
And last but not least, no your eyes do not deceive you. That is Chance playing the Ukelele. He was insistent on getting one in Maui (thankfully Trish picked it up the last day for him after a few failed attempts by us!) He has been watching videos on YouTube to learn how to play it. I secretly love his playful spirit. Oops. Secrets out!


No comments:
Post a Comment