Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Zoo

I was super excited to take Luke to the Woodland Park Zoo. Not because I thought he would pay much attention the animals, but because I just new it would be a fun place for him to walk around. Turns out he did seem interested in a lot of the animals. Might we have an animal lover on our hands? Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Jim came along and we all had a great time! The second we got through the gates Luke assumed his favorite position:

First off the Giraffes! They were in this pen so they were really close and Luke was amazed at this odd looking creature.

Then we got to see the Lion. He was pretty close as well. Can you see the father-son resemblance?


My favorite, the Gorillas! They were really active and there was a little baby gorilla. It was so cute. I could have stayed there all day!





We also got a special treat and not only got to see the Grizzly bear swimming, but he swam right over to us and had his nose right up to the glass! It was pretty cool. He was so close, it was hard to get a good picture! This one kind of looks like Luke is going for a swim with his new bear friend.

I got to take Luke on the Carousel. He loved it and it was so cute because every time we would come around to see Chance and my parents he would start waving and laughing!


2 comments:

  1. Love them all! Looks like he had a fabulous day with his wonderful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys went, knew Luke would love it. Something about kids and animals. I love that now when Asher sees all those animals in his books, he has real life experience with them to connect.

    ReplyDelete