That's right, I'm expecting baby #2. It's still very early (I'm about 5 weeks). I figure my due date is about May 3rd, which is about a week and a half later than Luke's due date was. He came a week early, I'm hoping this one will hold off so their birthdays will be as far apart as possible! It's going to be crazy having a baby and Luke, but I want Luke to have at least one sibling, so I'll just have to take it a day at a time. I just can't help but think, "what is this one going to look like?" I can't picture having a baby that doesn't have red hair! This is probably just my imagination, but Luke has been acting so strange lately. He has NEVER been a cuddler and even since the day he was born, he never liked laying on my chest unless I had just breastfed him and he was falling asleep. Within the last couple of days he all of the sudden wants to be held and rocked to sleep. In fact after his nap today, I sat down in the rocking chair with him and he just laid there for the longest time. Then while he had his head on my chest, he just looked up at me and stared into my eyes for several minutes. It is moments like that, that make all the sleepless nights, fits, whining and crying all worth it. It's like looking into the face of a little angel. So tonight when I was reading him his bedtime stories and I told him it was time for bed he just laid his head against my chest again! I can't stress enough how unlike Luke this is. I swear it's like he knows I've got another baby coming and he's trying to stake his claim! But that's okay with me. I'll take all the cuddling he'll give me!
What?!?! Really?!?! J/K
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!!! So fun to add more "cousins" to the mix!