Nate's chubby, little, cuddley body is slimming out. His body is no longer that of a little toddler and now a little boy. With your oldest you constantly notice how "old" they look and with your youngest, the passing milestones are a constant reminder of their growth. But somehow with the middle it's like one day you are holding them, looking in the mirror and you realize the little body that used to fit in your arms is now hanging down the length of your body. Thankfully the snuggles I get from Nate are still going strong, though I find it's getting a little more difficult to fit his growing frame in my arms. It's hard to believe he will be going to preschool in the Fall. When did he become a preschooler??!!!
I want to be sad that my little Nate is not so little anymore, but I just love this age so much! His voice is still adorable enough that I hang on his every word, yet he's old enough to shock me with all the hilarity that comes out of his mouth!
You can't get anything past this guy. He may not acknowledge that he is paying attention at the time (he is a little sneaky) but he'll all the sudden bring up random things out of nowhere that I didn't even know he heard or understood! He loves watching "Wild Krattz" and each episode has a title. Our DVR starts to fill up with all these episodes and so every once in awhile I make Luke and Nate choose ones to delete. I can read a title like "Little Howler" and Nate will tell me not to delete it. When I ask why he will say something like, "because there is a Lynx on that one". He remembers all the little details of these episodes (and there are tons of them!) it's crazy.
He loves to tell me random facts all the time. "Mom did you know that Rattlesnakes lay eggs?" And its never enough for him to pretend to be a certain species in general. It's not, "I'm a monkey or I'm an eagle!" It's "I'm a proboscis monkey or I'm a harpy eagle!" All animals that he certainly did not learn from me. That's all "Wild Krattz".
He is a bit of a know-it-all. Don't know where he gets that from. ;) He corrects me ALL the time. Even when he is wrong, he insists he's right. "Mom, I see a copperhead snake!" "Actually, I think that was a worm honey." "No, it was a copper head because I saw it move and it had a triangular-shaped head".
Other times when I correct him it's usually followed by a matter-of-fact "No it's not". Or "Yes it is". And no matter how much I try to convince him that I'm right, he refuses to admit he's wrong.
He loves to draw (that may be a gross understatement). He is OBSESSED with drawing. If we are some place other than home, it isn't long before he wants to go home so he can color/draw. He narrates as he draws which is adorable to listen to. He also draws things really fast! My mom made a perfect observation: he reminds us of those a caricature artists who whip out their drawings really fast. That's exactly what he does! He is great at writing too. If he doesn't know how to write a letter, I just write it down and he can copy it. No tracing necessary.
He is pretty easygoing. He still let's Luke get his way more often then his own, but he will stick to his guns sometimes. He's not super social, kind of likes to keep to himself but he isn't really shy so he will join in with other kids when he feels like it.
And he is very loving. Physically and verbally. Lots of hugs and lots of "I love you's" and "You're the prettiest". So sweet. I'm definitely feeling the love with these guys!


No comments:
Post a Comment