Sunday, April 27, 2014

Party Time

Once again we combined the boys parties and had it at my parent's house. The weather was awesome so the kids got to play in the yard the whole time!

The birthday boys on the way to their party!

Originally the boys wanted a poisonous snake party, but then a day or two before they said they wanted other wild animals too. So my last minute improvisation resulted in some animal silhouettes taped on the walls. Haha.


Snakes under the welcome matt. 

So originally I was going to make the cake a "coral snake". I saw a cool one on pinterest that the person used reese's pieces to make the red, yellow and black stripes. I thought it looked doable. First of all, it was a huge pain sticking the candies on and I was about a third of the way done, when Luke came home from the park with Chance. Of course right away he was appalled when he realized that I was using brown, orange and yellow to create a coral snake (which colors are black, red and yellow). He is usually very considerate of my feelings, but this time he just couldn't hide his disappointment. I was pretty frustrated after all the work I had done for him to not like the cake, but in all fairness this kid has an attention for detail, so what did I expect? Orange instead of red? Brown instead of black? Ludicrous!  To his credit he wasn't whining or being mean he was just geniounly distraught. Chance could see me about to reach my breaking point and jumped in by saying, "How about we make it an Inland Taipan sanke? They can be kind of brown right?" To which Luke responded, "Or an Eastern Brown Snake!" Well, somehow we settled on just keeping the cake frosted brown with a couple of yellow stripes on it for flare. Luke then gushed over how much he loved the cake from that point on (I think he was trying to make up for his previous disapointment). He has such a big heart! For the record, I hated how it turned out and will be going back to cupcakes from now on!

The kids coloring their snakes.

The Jensen kids blowing "snake bubbles". These worked pretty good, however I guess I failed to specify to the kids to blow through the water bottle and not inhale them in because we had two kiddos coughing up soap! :(  I felt terrible! 

Bradley wrestling his buddy Elliott. 

Blowing out the candles. I had planned to do this on the deck, however the wind kept blowing out the candles so we did it in the doorway. Not the best photo op!

Nate's turn!

 Getting ready for their cake!

I just love this backyard!

Best buds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment