We did our Advent Calendar again this year. December is such a fun month. We love celebrating this time of year. The boys had to take turns each day getting to be the one who removed the advent card. Even Bradley enjoyed getting a turn. Unfortunately, he made a large portion of the activities a bit unpleasant. He whined and cried through a lot of them. :( For example, when we painted snowflakes I tried to let him join in, but quickly had to take the paint/paint brush away from him when he kept trying to suck on his paint covered fingers. That did NOT go over well. And when that boy gets mad he does not let up. I didn't take pictures of every thing we did. I wanted to just enjoy some of it without the stress of having to document, but I did snap a few pictures of some of the things we did...
Decorate gingerbread men.
Decorate "Christmas Trees".
Make and decorate Christmas cookies.
Christmas movie pajama party!
Christmas music dance party!
We had a game night with the Jensen family which was a lot of fun. We had a "snowball" fight with crumpled up paper and tissues.
Some of my other favorites that we did was making Christmas cards for the Grandma's. I love hearing what the boys come up with to say. We also did a little Random Act of Kindness when we stood outside of Starbucks and passed out a few Starbucks gift cards. It was fun seeing the different reactions. It ranged from complete confusion to really surprised. I think one guy thought we were trying to sell something, because he totally ignored Nate trying to hand him a card as he walked in the door. LOL
The Grinch made his annual appearance again. The boys love getting to stick the "kindness" hearts on him!
I made a calendar just for Chance too. One day Luke begged me to tell him what I was on Daddy's card the next morning so I told him I would only tell him if he kept it a secret. It was "50's Night" so I explained it to Luke by saying that I was going to make myself look really pretty and let Daddy relax and not have to do any chores. The next morning the boys woke up and were in the bathroom. I walked in and Luke looked at me very perplexed. He whispered in my ear, "Mom, I thought you were going to make yourself look pretty today?" Got to love the honesty! I replied, "that's after Daddy gets home from work today." :)







No comments:
Post a Comment