Bradley is doing very good so far. He even tells me not to walk him to class anymore! He is extra emotional I think because he is worn out from the long days, but I think he will adjust very well. He loves playing with his soccer teammate Sawyer at recess. That's the highlight of his school day.
Luke misses Glenwood. I think he feels like a fish out of water. He was well known at his old school. He had been there for 4 years! I think I underestimated the change this would be for him. Don't get me wrong he is doing okay and really keeping a good attitude but I know he misses the familiarity of his old school. It makes me sad that he is having to go through this change. But Luke will make friends fast, I'm sure.
And finally, the one I stressed the most about! He is doing far better this year than last year. I can tell he doesn't worry as much about going to school. He has already said he likes Sultan better than Glenwood. He still worries about certain things but not to the degree he did last year. Not one complaint of his stomach hurting yet!! Mrs. Sifferman has been an answered prayer and has gone above and beyond to make Nate feel comfortable with her. In fact she sent this note home in his backpack the first day!
She also sent me this picture of the "lunch buddy" Nate bought with his class cash. His name is Juan. Glad he's making some friends!
Because I knew it was going to be a big change for him I told him that if he kept a positive attitude for two weeks I would get him a goldfish. Well, that was before I researched caring for goldfish, so then he talked me into this $50 lego set since I wanted to go back on my word. He had been wanting this one for a long time now so sometimes this little manipulator gets the best of me. And yes, every once in awhile I will throw money at something to make my problem (not wanting a goldfish) to go away! He worked all day Saturday and Sunday to build the whole thing!


No comments:
Post a Comment