Monday, September 11, 2017

First Day of School 2017

Technically it wasn't Brad's first day just yet. The older boys started on Wednesday and the Kindergartners were going to start on Monday. I still wanted my photo op with all 3, so I made Brad put his backpack on!

Luke is in 4th grade! He was excited for his first day. I think he was curious what it was going to be like to be the new kid in school. I requested to have him be in Wyatt's class so at least he has one person he knows. We met his teacher the night before and she seemed very nice. 

Nate is starting 2nd grade. I went to great lengths to make sure that Nate would be placed in a classroom with a more supportive/understanding teacher this year. I even met with her privately to discuss his anxiety issues and help her gain a better understanding of the triggers he has that worries him. She was really sweet and I'm very hopeful she will be a great fit for him this year!



I'm also thankful that not only does Nate's teacher seem great, but she also put his desk right next to Wade and Sienna's! We got a little emotional when I dropped him off. He was worried about the entry task on his desk and how to do it. Mrs. Sifferman saw him getting sad and came right over to give him a hug and some encouraging words. I can't tell you what a blessing it is to know that there is someone to nurture him and give him the support he needs when I can't be there to do it myself. 

Brad and I had 3 days together while the boys were in school before I had to send my baby off to ALL day Kindergarten. It felt like old times bumming around with my buddy. And I debated long and hard as to whether I would let him try ALL day or insist on the school accommodating a half day schedule. I ultimately decided to let him try ALL day. Bradley is young for his grade but he is also very social and independent so I didn't want him to feel singled out being the only kid that would leave school early each day. Plus I didn't want him to miss out on the parts of school he would most likely enjoy the most like recess and other classes like PE, Music or Computers, not to mention any art projects they might do while he was gone. So with a heavy heart and sent my excited little boy off to school on Monday.


He was totally ready to go! No worries from this boy and I have to ask for my goodbyes from him!


One last look at my confident, independent little Bradley.

After dropping all 3 off on Monday it hit me that I no longer have a little one walking back with me to the car or home. That's when the tears hit, because it's a weird feeling when you have all of your children in school for the day. I knew I would welcome the peace and the productiveness but it's also sad knowing that I'm a grade school Mom. Time marches on and I now will be shopping at the store seeing other Moms with their babies or toddlers or preschoolers! I'll think to myself, I remember those days. They are officially gone. 

But!

I also refuse to stay in that mindset long. What good does it do? These very likely might be my favorite years of all so I will not waste this magical time mourning the other magical time that was before. I love my boys at every age.

No comments:

Post a Comment