Sunday, October 9, 2016

Such a Character

If only I could record all the late night conversations I have with Luke. Most of the time he spends flattering me and telling me how much he loves me. I never get tired of that! But his wheels really start to turn at night and his thoughts and analyzation goes into overdrive. He often reflects on his day at school or worries about the upcoming day. He's quite a worrier. But what I love is just the way he talks and the things he says. 

I think we were doing a home bible lesson one day and he wrote up this sermon:
"Praise the Lord in all you do. If that is your path you are sure to have eternal life. If you worship sculptures and disrespect God, you will parish."

Parish? He's 8. Where does he get this stuff??

He's becoming a great leader (confirmed with feedback from his teachers). And I have to say, I think he is a wise one. He wrote this speech when he ran for class president all by himself:
"Hello, my name is Luke Norris. I am running for ASB representative. Let me tell you why you should vote for me. I am responsible, respectful to others, an expert at waking up early in the morning, I actually really like speaking in public, I am a great listener and I will respect your ideas and even if I do not get elected to this job, I will still be respectful to you. Vote for me! Thank you."

I would vote for him! Sadly he did not get elected. :( But he handled it very well. And I am so proud of him for trying!

Luke has such a flare for the dramatic when he is upset. This fall (after sign ups were done and the season had already started) he suddenly decided he wanted to do Flag Football. Well it was too late for him to play this year so he took it upon himself to defile my special calendar I put up in their room to help them keep track of school things. Some of his comments (in red) include:

"Why can't I do Football?"
"Football, can't do it"
"Poor Luke can't play football"
"I wouldn't suspect there's any Football people!"
"I'm not super cool, but I do know one thing, Luke can't play Football."

Life is so unfair for this boy. But he sure cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment