Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Extra Energy

Let me just start with saying I love my boys. That being said, sometimes their energy drives me crazy. Like it's super annoying. I think I may have sensory issues or maybe I do now, but either way the loudness, the constant screaming (mostly playful), jumping, running, climbing, throwing and destruction makes me very grumpy. The best description I have for it is obnoxiousness. Is that a word? I think the obnoxiousness has gotten worse now that school has started because the boys behave like angels at school and are so ready to let loose at home. Any one of these phrases you could hear me say approximately every 1-2 minutes of my day:

Note: sometimes I have the patience for a "please" included in the statements below, but after the 5th time of the day they normally sound more like this...

"Get off the table"
"Stop tipping your chair"
"Back up" (from the TV)
"Stop jumping on the couch"
"I said back up or I'm turning it off" (TV again)
"Get off the counter"
"Stop stepping on books, that's how they get damaged"
"Stop hanging on the doorknob/cabinet door" (Nate does this when he's bored)

You get the idea. Parts of the day the boys are quietly drawing at the table, but even then it usually looks like this (which drives me nuts).

Most of the time they are reeking havoc on the house. And they especially insist on doing it right after their nighttime showers so that they are good and sweaty for bed.

And to make sure I have some added stress trying to get them fed and ready school with lunches packed they do this as soon as they wake up (about 6:30am) in the morning.

What does your house look like at night and in the mornings? Well this is my world and I'm not always okay with living in it. Lately, I feel like escaping to some place quiet, but there is no where to go. So I just endure with pent up agitation. And I snap at my kids and then I feel like a terrible mom. I try not to complain (but I fail pretty bad at that) because I know I am truly blessed. But I feel it necessary that I "keep it real" with these posts every once in a while so my future self can remember what it was really like living in the trenches with these adorable troops.

No comments:

Post a Comment