Monday, October 3, 2016

Pullman 2016

The boys have made the decision that our Pullman trips should be an annual thing. They begged to go once again this year. Chance's parents were kind enough to book and pay for our hotel so we made the LONG drive once again this year. Maybe they like the trip because it's the one time I will let them play electronics for hours on end.

We made it to Colfax (we stayed there this time). After we checked into our hotel we went to Zips for a truly unhealthy dinner.

Ready to go to bed and looking forward to there fun day tomorrow!

The hotel had an indoor pool so after our breakfast the boys were dying for a morning swim. They had the thing all to themselves!

They boys absolutely love the WSU campus. Maybe it's the wide-open space for them to roam...

and run...

We met up with Chance's parents for lunch at New Garden, ice cream at Ferdinand's and then a stop at the Crimson and Grey store to do some souvenir shopping. Bud and Marcia were very generous and bought all the boys (and me) a new WSU top and each boy was able to pick something else out. Luke got a football, Nate got a postcard with a picture of a cougar and Bradley got a Butch stuffed doll.
 
I never realized how much concrete there was until I had kids. It felt like it was their goal to jump and climb on every piece of concrete, step, barrier, wall or rock they could find. To be honest, I'm mostly stressed out the whole time, but the boys are having a blast.

I have always loved the buildings or "halls".

 This year we decided to skip the actual football game, since the boys get tired of sitting in the stadium after about 10 minutes (definitely not worth the pricy tickets). But they still got to go to all the pre game stuff which is their favorite part anyway. They love the bouncy houses and running around on the practice field. Here is Luke going out for a pass from Butch!

Sadly, I started to get a sore throat and feel worn down by the late afternoon (because that's what I do on trips). The game was about to start so instead of watching some of it in the cub (I use the term "watch" loosely sat I'm pretty sure the boys would just be running around the place) we decided to get some food and then head back to the hotel to watch the game. We ate dinner at the Cub and the boys had some pizza and I attempted to healthy up the diet with a green smoothie. The only option the smoothie place had was called "oh Kale". I underestimated the potency of the flavor of Kale. The boys were not having it. Nate said it tasted like "hay". LOL, it pretty much did. 

When we got back to the hotel it dawned on us that the game was on the Pac12 Network and as we guessed, the hotel did not have that channel! Luckily I was able to stream the game on my phone so Chance watched it and we all went to bed!

The ride home the next day was... long.

No comments:

Post a Comment