Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The never-ending BOOKS!

This past month or two Luke and Nate have been writing books, non-stop! Rarely do they finish a book before they are on to the next one. I have two file folders (one for each boy) holding countless piles of paper-clipped stories together waiting to be finished. 

"Spy Elves!" By Luke Chancellor Norris

"The Avengers Strikes Back" by Nate

The fact that Nate is even writing books is amazing and Luke is a phenomenal writer in my humble, unbiased opinion. :)  Here is a sample of one of Nate's: "Star Wars Rebels"

They write so many different stories, I can't keep up reading them. One day I sat down to read one Luke had wrote and I couldn't believe how good it was. He's only 7! Here is an excerpt from "Brother's of the Bright Force", by Luke Chancellor Norris: 
(I cleaned up some of the punctuation and spelling but this is word for word.)

Chapter 1, Sweet Revenge:

As Hera Sendulla dodges the fires of Emperial tie fighters, forteen year old Ezra Bridger performs his Jedi light saber and force skills to clone Captain Rex, "Mr. Bridger has proved well on his Jedi skills" Rex said cheerfully. 
"Poo, he did a lot better then what you said about it old man," Kanan said with a chuckle. Suddenly their was a a loud boom. Ezra dashed to the room. Captain Sendulla was in to question what was going on, but all the sudden, his head bursted in great pain and Ezra fell to the floor. That second, he saw a vision of his parents. They were suffering in huge numbers of pain. When Bridger's vision was done, he realized his parents were still alive! When Ezra got off the ground, he found himself surrounded by un-seethrough white gas, but he ran right through to get the ghost out of the Emperial trench. When Ezra tried to ask Captain Sendulla what was going on, he was interrupted by Captain Rex, "The Captain's busy son," said the Captain. Ezra understood and left the room. 
"I know you were curious of what was going on Ezra, but Sendulla is struggling to keep her and you and all the rebels alive." "
I understand," Ezra said in a low voice as if he wanted to stop being a rebel."


Okay, you get the picture. His story went on for 5 more pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment