Thursday, September 3, 2015

First Day of Kindergarten and 2nd Grade

Yesterday was the first day of school. The boys were excited (well Luke was) and nervous (Nate very much so). The boys met their teachers a couple days ago and Luke is very excited about Mrs. Rocco, who was very sweet and engaging. He was however, a little nervous that they would be doing math. 

Nate on the other hand is petitioning regularly to not have to go to school. It's so sad. He's really bright and I KNOW he will do great academically, but he is an introvert and new surroundings and people give him a lot of anxiety. Add on top of that his teacher isn't the warmest person I have ever met and she is a stark contrast from Luke's Kindy teacher Mrs. Barrett - the sweetest, smiliest teacher there ever was. So as a mother, I'm a little heart broken that Nate isn't blessed with the same kind of Kindy teacher Luke was. I'm trying to give it to God and just pray that Nate's teacher will grow on me and that Nate will end up having a positive experience for his first year of school. But for now, I'm struggling.

Luke immediately got himself ready for school when he woke up yesterday morning. Brushed his teeth and got his clothes on. Nate whined and asked if he could not go. Bradley kept asking if he could go to school. But we managed to get ourselves ready and of course snapped our first day of school pics.

My handsome 2nd grader. Who wouldn't want this red-headed sweetheart in his class?

How is Nate already in Kindergarten? So adorable. If I was a teacher he would so be my favorite. :)

Of course Nate had to ham it up. That's his thing lately.

Chance doesn't start till next week, so he got to walk with the boys too.

Nate did pretty good. Until I told him I was going to have to leave.

Then he wasn't so thrilled and ended up getting emotional. Poor guy. Leaving your crying child is the worst. Thankfully it was only for a few hours. I can't even imagine him doing full day (which is what Brad will have to do when he is in Kindy - that's a whole other anxiety-ridden post).

Luke was happy to see what his class was going to be like. He's a much more social boy. He gets nervous too, but this year went really well for him. I just love this sweet face!

My baby and he still loves me. 

When I picked Nate up for school he was happy to be done and said "I mostly didn't cry". I wanted to do something special for him for getting through his day - which I know was really a struggle for him so we went out for blizzards!

Happy now! Until the next school day.  Ugh... Pray, pray, pray for this one.

Luke's day went fine. Though he keeps asking me if I think they will do math.

No comments:

Post a Comment