Monday, March 30, 2015

Bradley's issue

For a very long time (over a year at least) Bradley seems to have issues with going number 2. I have asked his pediatrician about it in the past and tried doing Miralax with him but that didn't seem to help much. I finally took him in again because I was wondering if he may have a food intolerance or something because he does tiny poops all day long. Well after getting an x-ray, it showed that he was constipated. He did really great at the doctors by the way. He is a great patient. Brave and cooperative. 

I think he is holding it in because it has or does hurt when he goes. His Dr. told me to give him flaxseed so now I am working on recipes to incorporate 2 TB of flaxseed into his diet. It is so frustrating when I know he needs to go. He sits down and I think holds it in. Anyway, it has been a month or so now and things have improved a little. He is starting to have some large bowel movements, but it is sometimes days in between. And I think he still tries to hold it, but with the flaxseed I think sometimes he can't. Anytime I see him trying to go, I run over and make him squat instead of sit and sometimes he has a good bowel movement that way. Don't think this one will be potty training for awhile! :(

Waiting for his x-ray.

The white in his belly is solid. Black is air.

No comments:

Post a Comment