We are potty training Nate. Or he is potty training himself might be more accurate. I can't believe what a natural this kid is! I started showing him "Elmo's Potty Time" which really helped Luke get into potty training and it must of helped Nate. Of course it had to be on HIS terms! When I brought out the potty I started asking him if he wanted to go and he really wasn't interested. I put him in some underwear and I think he peed in it. Then later that day, he takes his diaper off and peed in the potty when I wasn't even paying attention! From then on it was much the same. So I just laid off and let him do his thing. I started putting him in pull-ups and he was doing awesome with the pee. I thought I would sweat the poop, because I know that can take a long time for them to try... well not Nate! after maybe a week or so of peeing in the potty, Chance and I were upstairs one day and he comes upstairs naked to inform us that he pooped in the potty! We hadn't even gotten around to a toy to bribe him with! This was around mid July that he started doing this and I'm so happy to report that he is still doing awesome and peeing and pooping like a pro! I haven't quite taken that final step of being done with diapers at night, but I'm getting very close, because he very rarely goes at night anymore either. The best part is his dependable statement he declares every time, "Now I get a GRAHAM CRACKER!" I must say he's getting rather ambitious as well. He's gone in the bushes, the side of the road, standing up on a stool to the big potty, and standing up in the kitchen in the little potty (he surprised me with that effort and yes, most of it ended up on the floor.) One morning Luke informed me that Nate sat on the big potty to go and said, "Welcome to My Potty". What a goofball! Thank you Nate, for giving me a break this time around! Mommy is so proud of you!
Big boy underwear!

No comments:
Post a Comment