Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shindig

We took Luke to his second and Nate to his first Sultan Shindig this last weekend. First we went to the parade in the morning. Him and his cousin Wyatt watched it together. Though Wyatt did a little more watching and Luke did more walking around on the sidewalk. I think the parade moved a little to slow for him. The candy being thrown met nothing to him, as he has know idea what it is or how it tastes. (Okay snicker all you want people, but I'll hold out on the sugar as long as I can!!) Here's a picture of Luke and Wyatt getting ready for the parade.
After the parade we went to parents house for a failed attempt at a nap. He tried, but it was just too warm that day I think. So it was off to Grandma Rusty's pool! This was the first swim of the summer for Luke and I wasn't sure how he would react to the water, but it turns out he LOVED it! He was jumping off the side of the pool into Chance's arms. He is already asking to go back!

It was quite the gathering at my Grandma's house that day. In fact all the great grandchildren where there. We took the opportunity to take some pics of the babies together.

This video cracks me up. They look like little wind up toys kicking there feet.

Okay, here is Wyatt and Luke part 2! Wade is just like his older brother, always wanting to hold hands!

After the pool it was back to the shindig to take Luke on some rides. Again I wasn't sure how he would react, but he LOVED this too. I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures. Chance took Luke down the big slide. He immediately asked to go again. That was pretty much the story for the rest of them. I hadn't really thought about what to do when we had to leave, so Luke had a monster melt down (the skipped nap didn't help the situation). Next time we take him on rides, I'll make sure we have more time and he's not overtired! What a day!

Random picture. It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. All those babes are too cute! Kinda wish my parents still had their pool... I'd imagine all the boys would have a blast playing in it together. :)

    ReplyDelete