Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Bye Bye Crib
It just so happens that we also moved the crib out of Luke's room on the 4th of July too. I was really nervous to do it. I was afraid he would be sad, since he was still sleeping in it about every other day. It just depended on his mood. We finally got a bed rail for his bed so he wouldn't fall out of the bed (which he had done a few times). I figured once we installed it, we should just bite the bullet and go for it. I showed him the rail and told him he wouldn't fall out anymore. Now he grabs it all the time and says, "won't fall out!" I actually think it made a big difference because we moved the crib out and he didn't seem to mind at all. He hasn't asked to sleep in it since or anything. One time he said, "where'd crib go?" but that was all. Hurray! It was a success. Now Nate has been taking some naps in the crib and I had him sleep there for the first stretch of the night last night. It's a little sad to see my little boy in his big boy bed and think, I won't get to go get him out of his crib anymore. I have so many fun memories of the ways I was greeted by that little ham. Here is a picture of his last day in the crib.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment