This year Luke and Nate each have their eye on a special lady in their class. Luke's crush is a sweet girl named Emily. He's pretty casual about it and won't admit it's a crush, but does whatever he can to be near her.
Nate on the other hand wants to shout his love from the rooftops. He has a big crush on "Madison Waters." I told him it's okay if he wants to talk to me about it, but he's too young to be telling her or his friends that he has a "crush" and that they are just friends. He does however like to ask me if he can tell grown ups about her. Haha. She lives in our neighborhood too, so he is always asking if he can knock on her door and say, "hi". If he ever sees her going outside to ride bikes or something, he can't put his shoes on fast enough to go outside too! It's pretty hilarious.
One day he saw her riding her bike around outside so he was casually hanging out on the sidewalk. He was eating some popcorn and accidentally spilled it on the sidewalk. As I was picking it up for him, Madison was riding back towards her house and Nate shouted over to her, "Everything's OK here!"
She also goes to our church. Nate never wants to go in his Kindergarten Sunday School class, instead he likes to go in Luke's class. One day I was asked to help in the Kindergarten class. Even though I was going to be in his class, Nate still insisted on going in Luke's class that Sunday... that is until we saw that Madison was in the K class that day. I told Chance to go tell him (who was already in Luke's class with him). Chance said he didn't even miss a beat and immediately wanted to go in the K class. I knew someday a girl would take my place, but come on, he's only 5!
No comments:
Post a Comment