This boy just gets better with age! It's impossible to find words to express just how happy he makes me! There is never a spare second where he doesn't show me unconditional love. Even when he is being punished, he never says I'm mean or shows anger towards me, just the situation. And the daily affirmations he gives me bless my weary mother's heart. And he lays it on thick. Probably because he knows I eat it up!
A few tidbits about Luke:
He is a great friend and is kind to his classmates. Even if he isn't fond of a kid, he is still kind to them.
The consensus from all his Valentine's this year from his classmates is that he is funny. I would agree!
He insists on knowing the names and birth dates of the actors who play characters or do voices on the shows he watches.
He doesn't like homework.
He still has endless energy and can run and run and run.
He likes to be up-to-date on any upcoming plans we may have. "Mom, do we have anything planned tomorrow?"
He loves to read and is really good at reading out loud. He reads with expression and voices.
I'm amazed at his drawings. He has such a memory. And can whip out a drawing of a character without even looking at a picture of them.
He still gets major anxiety over a doctor's appointment. "Are you sure I'm not getting a shot?"
He likes his hair long and hates it when I cut his hair.
He is hyper-aware of people's moods and has a gift for cheering people up. Especially me! Maybe that's why is answer to "I help my mom with.." on my mother's day project he did at school was: "getting over her anger and hate." LOL.
He is quick to apologize when he does something wrong and also apologizes for his brothers. "I'm sorry Bradley's giving you such a hard time."
He writes the most sweetest, thoughtful, notes and cards. He also writes stories that sound like they were written by an adult!
He likes wearing blacks and greys and many times I have to tell him to go find a shirt or pants with some color!
His wheels are always turning and he has lots of questions!
He LOVES to hear stories, especially about him when he was younger.
He is SUCH an awesome older brother. I could not have asked for a better oldest son than him.
I could go on, but to sum up, he is awesome. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment