He just keeps getting cuter and cuter, doesn't he?
It's been a big year for Nate. Lots of growing and maturing. He had a difficult start to Kindergarten and had a hard time adjusting to his new surroundings but does great now and has made friends. Most of the year he spent sitting on the bench at recess, but now he reports that he plays basketball. He use to refuse to spell anything himself for fear that he would spell it wrong, but now he has found a great balance of trying on his own and occasionally asking for the correct spellings. It's nice to see that he is giving himself some room to make mistakes.
A few things about Nate:
He is very competitive. Loves to play boardgames and win boardgames.
He doesn't like making mistakes and is really hard on himself when he does. Which is why he hates to admit when he is wrong.
He is a peacemaker. He will compromise a lot of the time to keep the peace. He also does his best to negotiate his brother's punishments because he hates to see them in trouble.
He LOVES to read. And he is really good. I don't know what level he is reading at, but I know it's above grade level. Sometimes he gets a bit obsessive when he starts a book and reads for hours at night to try to finish it.
He still loves to draw and will spend hours at the table each day. But now he writes along with his drawings. He has so many books going that I have a box full of unfinished books he is writing.
He is quiet in school, but friendly. He's REALLY good with other kids. I don't ever see him arguing with another kid other than his brothers. I think he takes so much in and listens to everything that is going on around him.
He is SUCH a caretaker. If anyone (especially his family) is hurt or not feeling well he springs into action, doing whatever he can to make the person feel better. He will write cards or get water for someone when they are sick. And if Bradley gets hurt for example, he often will run up and tell me, "It's ok Mom, I'll take care of this" and snuggle him or rub where the pain is.
He tries so hard to keep up with Luke. He doesn't care that he is two years younger, he won't set limitations and works hard to try to get to Luke's level at everything!
He loves treats and I suspect thinking about when the next time he will get a treat occupies his mind more than I would like. LOL
He likes gifts and loves to give gifts. I think that is his love language (besides physical touch).
He's very complimentary. Always complimenting his brothers on their drawings.
He's really funny. Comes up with great one-liners and his delivery is the best!
One of my favorite things? The random "I love you Mom"s that I get all the time from him.




No comments:
Post a Comment