Monday, August 31, 2015

And the award goes to...

Nate! What award? First child to get stitches.
This time it was the back of the head Nate decided to split open. We had just arrived at a birthday party at a park. I had already told Nate to stop hanging from these medal railings along the cement walk way. Well, he didn't listen and this time bumped the back of his head on the cement while dangling. By the time I got to him, blood was already dripping from his head. Thankfully, my friend had a first aid kit in her car (I had one too, but mine was like bandaids!) I held pressure to it while Nate screamed and treated the rest of the birthday gifts to a show. Once the bleeding had slowed I put some gauze on the wound and wrapped his head in an ace bandage. It looked terrible, though the cut was actually pretty small.

I loaded Luke and Nate in the van. I have to say Luke was awesome. He didn't complain at all that we had to leave the party we just got too. Then he said, "Mom, I think we should say a prayer for Nate." I asked him if he could do it since I was driving. His prayer was SOOO sweet. What I wouldn't give to have a recording of it! He asked that God would heal Nate and help Nate not to be scared. I was so moved by his thoughtfulness and caring. I ended up taking Nate to the walk-in because the wound was split enough and in a spot that couldn't really be bandaged, but it still needed to be closed. I won't get on my soap box about the incompetence of the doctor. I'll just say that Nate was put through more than he should have been (staple in the head, then a numbing shot to take it out and instead put a stitch), but he was very brave and did awesome.

He even let me take out the stitch myself a week later!

No comments:

Post a Comment