My baby is seven today. This boy brings me such joy. Always makes every moment extra special. He is such a spark of happiness and excitement in our family. He is also maturing so much. He is a helper to me and is very obedient (most of the time). When I ask him to get ready for school, he does it no problem. If I suggest maybe he shouldn't wear the same outfit on Wednesday he did on Monday, or maybe put some jeans or khakis on instead of warm up pants again, he is usually happy to oblige. You compliment him, he MUST compliment you back. I have countless notes he has written me at school telling me how much he loves me. This really is the best part of parenthood. I can't imagine it getting better than this. I can joke and laugh with him and he gets my humor. He talks to me and tells me about how he feels and what goes on at school. I just want our relationship to always remain this close and respectful.
In a house of 3 boys (4 if you count the big one). Things get crazy, loud and dangerous and I often reach a boiling point where I can't take the crying or whining or fighting or whatever and I can loose my temper (aka: start yelling). Even though Luke is on the dramatic side (much like his mother) somehow instead of elevating a tense moment he has a wonderful way of diffusing my anger. He often will gently say something like, "It kind of seems like your mad at me, Mom" (if his brother's are disobeying and I start using the "you guys" phrase). Or he will say something like, "Geez Mom, you aren't talking very nice to Dad." (If I am getting short with Chance). Not proud of it, but I am an honest person. Of course I don't want to argue or talk disrespectful in front of the kids, but I love that he can be quick to gently point it out so that I am able to make it right and apologize to them or Chance too. Like I said, when I am heated most things just fuel my fire but Luke many times has helped calm me down.
He is a great brother. Very encouraging to his younger brothers. He's not perfect so of course he wants to play what he wants a lot of the time. But there are also many times when he will agree to let Bradley play with something, or do what Nate wants to do. Not always, but he does care about making them happy too. One of my favorite things in the world is listening to the boys playing happily together or being very kind to each other. Luke is very sharing even with his most prized possessions. He will let Nate and Bradley put on his costumes or play with a toy or book he just got!
He is doing really well in school. His teacher comments on what a great example Luke is for the other kids in his class. And he is also gaining confidence. In his abilities and also standing up for himself.
He makes me laugh all the time and I just adore this young boy of mine.
On his birthday his brother's were fighting and I told them they needed to talk nicely to each other and Luke said, "Do you know what I really want for my birthday? Kindness and Respect." LOL
For his birthday he opened presents in the morning. Here he is in his birthday chair.
Happy boy. Very grateful for all his gifts.
Especially his Sith Robe
Ready for school. It happened to be pajama day so he wore his storm trooper pajama top. I also brought donuts for him to share with his class later that day. His face was so red when I arrived with them. LOL.
That evening Grandma Marcia and Grandpa Bud took the family out to Red Robin to celebrate. The boys ready to go!
Luke looking very embarrassed when the sang him "Happy Birthday".
Luke decided said he wanted a "Darth Maul" birthday party. So I came up with some Sith Training.
It was basically an obstacle course. I walked them through what they would be doing and then when I explained the combat training to them, I turned on "The Emperial March" from Chance's phone and revealed for their final phase they would need to defeat Darth Hideous! The kids LOVED that part! In case you were wondering, Chance is wearing a snuggy.
When they defeated Darth Hideous they were awarded their Sith Pills to become a true Sith Lord.
It was a beautiful day and all the kids had fun especially Luke. They also played a few games of capture the light saber that went better than I thought! So happy Luke enjoyed his party!










No comments:
Post a Comment