Nate is still a hugger. I think that might actually be an understatement. Most of the time I love it, sometimes it's a little inconvenient. Like when I'm making dinner or at Luke's soccer game. Every time he gets in trouble he cries and says, "I wanna snuggle you!"
Nate snuggles Daddy...
Nate snuggles Luke...
Nate snuggles Bradley...
Nate snuggles Aunt Trisha...
Nate snuggles Wyatt...
Not only does he snuggle, but he grabs my hair and plays with it. This is something he does all day long. It's like he needs his hair fix. Lately Chance and I have been allowing our early riser (usually between 6-6:30am) to come into our room and lay in bed with us until it's time for us all to get up. We decided better our sleep be disturbed then Luke or Bradley's. And yes, my sleep is disturbed because he immediately wraps his arms around me and starts frantically grabbing at my hair. Do I mind? A little, when I'm really tired, but mostly, heck NO! I want to soak up all the little snuggles this boy will give me, because he won't be little forever!
He's told me on several occasions, "I love playing with your hayeah (hair)." This is why I suspect he loves seeing Aunt Trisha. Have you seen her hair? It's like a dream for Nate!
Nate in heaven. (Trish on the left, me on the right).
"Can I show videos on your phone, just for a little bit?" Nate says this with a scrunchy, hard to resist face all day long. He loves watching the videos I have taken on my iphone. Whenever we take Luke to preschool, Nate stays in the car when I'm dropping Luke off. Every time I get back in he says, "I be'ed such a good boy!" He says this in the hopes that when we get home I will reward him with getting to watch videos on my phone, which I usually do, because I need something to keep him busy while I put Bradley to sleep.
I could watch Nate play with his action figures all day long. He is so animated. He has them talk to each other in funny voices and "they" say the funniest things. I really need to get more videos of it because it's so funny.
He's always game to be a character along with Luke. Sometimes they are "Simba" and "Nala", sometimes they are "Fishy" and Dolphin", the list goes on. Luke and Nate are really into "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" lately. They pretend they are Jake and Captain Hook. Here is Nate singing along with the theme song.
He may be a hugger, but this boy is still ruff and tumble. He likes to wrestle Luke among other things. Luke usually takes it pretty well and doesn't abuse his size.
He's also quite the negotiator. If I ask him to be done doing something I almost always here, "One more Fly", or "One more Play" or "One more snuggle". If I tell him I'm setting a timer or that he needs to give a toy to Luke he says, "100 more minutes for me!"
I would call him an "indoor boy" at this point. He likes to do outdoor things, but only for a little while. Then he wants to go back inside to play with toys or be with Mommy.
I love his age right now. He is very articulate, but still has his funny little way of pronouncing things. I just love it. Almost every little thing that comes out of his mouth is adorable to me. Love that boy!






No comments:
Post a Comment