Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Little About Luke 4 1/2


Now this one LOVES to be outdoors. Summertime, Wintertime, anytime. When I take him to my parent's house, he will just run around the yard endlessly. Oh, how I wish I had a big backyard for him.

The Eldest Son. Talk about a good big brother. He is such a good brother to Nate and Bradley. Yes there are fights, yes there are fits, but most of the time he is very sweet and gentle to them.

I'm sure I've said before that he is on the hypersensitive side. He always has been. He takes things so hard and worries so much! He had an ear infection and had a meltdown when I told him we needed to take him to the doctor. I told him it would be no big deal and he wasn't getting a shot. He continued to ask over and over again if he was getting a shot. Even though he knows the answer, it's like he needs the reassurance because he gets himself worked up in his own mind!

Daddy's boy. Always has been. When he crawls into our bed this is who he goes to. One day he was sick and I was trying to help him and he just wanted Chance. I was hurt and must not of hid it well, because he suddenly started yelling at Nate, "Nate, snuggle Mom!" He was yelling at him and I said, "Luke, why are you telling him to snuggle me?" and he said, "Because I want you to be loved too!" Then later that night when I was trying to console him once again and Chance had left to go to the grocery store, I said, "Luke, can I ask you a question? How come you always want Daddy?" He sweetly replied, "I want you, NOW." 

Maybe it's the age, I don't know, but he likes to be pretty silly most of the time. It's hard to get a normal smile out of him. 

Along with being sweet, he is caring. If another kid gets hurt (or punished) he wants to know what happened - and he is incessant about knowing! One time Nate managed to get one of the wheels to his remote control car tangled up in his hair. He was screaming and we got it out, but then Luke started in! I said, "Luke, why are you crying?" and he said, "I don't want my brother to be hurt!"

Luke is a kind friend. He almost never has anything mean to say or do to a friend. He likes to wrestle more now for fun, but he doesn't hit, doesn't push, doesn't take toys. He's in no way perfect, but he's rarely the aggressor. I know that sounds like I'm saying other people's kids are (which is NOT what I'm trying to imply), but this blog is for my records and I think it's worth noting what a sweet boy he is. He gives lots of compliments to kids. He gets really excited about playing with his friends and cousins. And he LOVES going to birthday parties! He here is playing with his buddy/cousin Wyatt.

Remember what I said earlier about in no way being perfect? Case in point. Here he is being forced to put his socks on by himself. So much drama!


Once he's in character. He doesn't break character. And he is in character a lot. Though he switches characters about every 20 minutes. He's spiderman here:

I finally got him and Nate some Doctor scrubs so they could look the part of the character they already loved to play: Dr. Shlafer (our Pediatrican - a jewish man from Jersey - so yes, quite a character himself, which is why I suspect Luke is so fond of him. Ok, I know - he hates going to the Doctor - but it's the nurse part he dreads, not Dr. Shlafer). Anyway, this is when I gave the scrubs to them and Luke immediately went into character.

And How could I forget Buzz Lightyear? He loves this role so much that I have to wash his Buzz PJ's every day so he gets to wear them every night (hey, I like fresh clothes for my bathed boys at night!) He got them for his birthday, and I've already got him a new pair because he wore the other ones out.

The list of characters goes on. With every character he has a new voice. I rarely have to ask him, "who are you?" anymore, because I can tell. And he does a mean Captain Hook impression. Luke is so perceptive and inquisitive. Today: "Mom, why did you call Dad, "honey". Me: "It's a nickname." Luke: "But I thought you called ME "honey".  Always having to explain myself. Thank you Luke for keeping my mind sharp and me on my toes! Love you Big Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment