Monday, November 15, 2010

Should've Been a Cowboy

Luke has been into the Toby Keith song, "Should've Been A Cowboy" lately. And wouldn't you know it, I found the video On Demand. So now of course, he's REALLY into it. He loves watching the video, and surprise, surprise, he likes to imitate the video. Here he is pretending to play his guitar during the instrumental (he switches to the drums at the end). In the video Toby Keith is singing into a mic playing his guitar and when the instrumental starts he walks away from the mic with his guitar. That is what Luke is pretending to do in the video.

There is another part of the video where a cowboy gets shot and falls to his knees and backwards in slow motion...

So as I was working on this post, Luke decided to bust into the song himself. This was the first time I've heard him actually sing it by himself. Not too bad! Lyrics below...
...in my HEART!! I should've been a cowboy, I should've learned to rope and ride, wearing my six shooter, riding my pony on a cattle drive, stealing young girls hearts, just like Gene and Roy, singing those campfire songs, Oh, I should've been a cowboy...

I think this is Luke's impression of Toby Keith's cheesy grin at the end...

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love when Asher starts singing at the top of his lungs in public... little show-off, gets that from Jordan, I think!

    ReplyDelete