Tuesday, November 2, 2010

6 Months!

Nate has blessed our lives for half a year now. It's really fun to see him start to be so independent at such a young age. In the mornings him and Luke will just play in Luke's room. Luke will sometimes read a book or look at a photo album on his bed, while Nate rolls around on the floor and plays with whatever toys he can find. It's really sweet to watch. Sometimes I will jump in the shower while they are playing and I'll turn on the monitor so I can hear what's going on. Luke will tell Nate what he's doing sometimes, "Nate, I'm going to read a story". Today I heard him say to Nate, "I'm going to go to work, Nate. See you later". Nate is pretty content if Luke's around. He likes to play with the remote control, Luke's pacifier, Luke's sippy cup and whatever balls are laying around on the floor. He's not crawling yet, guess he decided the army crawl was all he needed for now. Though he does rock on his hands and knees a lot. And he gets himself in a side position (picture below). It's so cute to watch him get his eye on something he wants and be on the move to get to it. This month I decided that the sleep situation wasn't working and that I was going to have to get tough in order to "sleep train" Nate. And it was tough, but I have seen some improvement. He's getting better at putting himself to sleep and every once in awhile will take a good nap, but it's usually only about a half hour. He still wakes up a lot at night, but I've decided to cut down the night feedings, because I don't think he's really hungry. I've already seen a little improvement there. I hope by my next months report I will be able to at least say, that he only wakes up once a night. Am I dreaming? Hope not! I love most everything about this little boy, but one of my biggest pet peeves is the boy will NOT stay on his back. Which makes diaper and clothing changes SO FRUSTRATING! Now that I got that off my chest I'll leave this post with one of my favorite things about Nate. When he gets happy or excited he squeals and buries his face in my shoulder. It is so adorable! I love you Natey!



A little fun with Daddy...

1 comment: