So now that summer is here, I have tried to take the opportunity to get in some exercise. It started where I would leave Luke in charge of the boys while I would run 4 laps around the block (about a mile total). I did this a few days and then Luke decided he wanted to join me. So left Nate and Brad behind (FaceTimeing my parents as a virtual babysitter) and Luke and I went together. Well, not really together. Pretty quickly Luke took a lead. By the time I was finishing my 3rd lap, Luke had completed his 4th. Yep, that's right. I was lapped by my 8 year old. Then the next time we ran, Nate decided to join us (Trish let Brad come to her house while we ran). Nate didn't lap me, but he did finish the 4 laps before me. I don't know if this means my boys are exceptional or that I'm pathetic. Determined not to be completely outdone by my children I raced them both in a sprint in my parents backyard and I beat them both! Though Luke came pretty close. Sorry kids, you may have the endurance but momma's got the speed... for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment