Luke and Nate both love the Jedi Academy books. They are books that are kind of like comic strips about a young boy in Jedi school. Some of the pages contain his journal entries, which has sparked in interest in journaling for Luke. He begged us for a while for a journal, so I finally got him one:
And for 3 straight days he wrote down every detail of his day at school.
And it reads like a children's novel:
"...Today at school, I drove, well my mom drove because it was snowing and nasty. We got there, darted out the car, opened the door, inside me and my brother Nate went."
"...Jaren promised me he would let me help him carry the cookies to teachers, but picked Junior, who was in on something, and for me, I made my decision, I can absolutely not trust Jaren, who I was furious at!"
"...I accidentally tripped Nate, but he didn't mind . He went to his line. We said "goodbye." After that, I went, got in my place in line. Jaren followed. Then I stepped on something. It was my shoelace! It had come untied. I quickly tied it. I felt like Jaren and Felix were staring at me when I was tieing. I stood up and faced forward."
Nate begged for a journal as well once Luke got one:
At first when I told him I would only get him a journal if he agreed to write it on his own (without asking us to spell every single word for him) he said no. But then finally agreed to my terms. Which is AWESOME! Because it is a great way for my little perfectionist to work on doing his best and not worrying about it being perfect. And true to his word, he writes it all on his own! Complete with pen marks all over his face and hands! LOL
(I will correct the spelling for the sake of this blog):
"... So the teacher picked who were the helpers. I wasn't a helper and I wasn't even angry, but I was angry because Wyatt got to be a helper. He is a bad listener."
"So I got my backpack and got my green folder then Wyatt burp burp burped in the classroom. The teacher did not like it and Wyatt's burps are LOUD I almost barfed 2 times because of Wyatt's burps. I call him "burpy".




No comments:
Post a Comment