So, I'm not going to spend too much time on this because I despise myself for it. One day the boys all stepped in cat poop. So then they all got baths. But then Bradley pooped in the bath. So then I took the toys that were in the bath and I put them in the bathroom sink and began to fill it with water (to soak in vinegar water). And then I walked away.
And ordered pizza. And left the house to go get the pizza. And got a call from Chance on the way home that Bradley dislocated his elbow again. So I got home, googled how to fix a nursemaid elbow and had Chance hold Bradley on the stairs while I manipulated his elbow back into place. (Which took 2 seconds). Immediately after I felt it click back into place water started gushing out of our kitchen ceiling. Remember that bathroom sink I was filling with water? Yeah, well I didn't. And I flooded the upstairs bathroom.
I didn't even have time to check to make sure Brad was okay. I immediately raced upstairs and started sopping up the water. I knew exactly what to do. Grab towels, start pulling up the carpet and the carpet padding. Why did I know? Because I did the same thing in our master bathroom like 2 months ago.
So to summarize, Brad's elbow was fixed, a company had to come out and dry out and fix the water damage while I was out of a kitchen for a week (not sure who had it worse me or Trish - since mealtime with the Norris family was now at aunt Trisha's house - which by the way the boys loved!) Then I got to clean up sheet rock dust that got every where when it was all done. Oh and they company did a really terrible job texturing and mudding the ceiling (so they charged us nothing - blessing in disguise?) so now we get to fix that... someday. The boys refer to that fateful day as "the flood".
What have we learned? Leah is losing her mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment