Luke has been dreading the start of 1st Grade since before he was even done with Kindergarten. He's been so sad all summer anytime he started thinking about going to school all day. He says, "but I'll be gone from you so long!" Usually with lots of tears. It's hard to comfort him when I feel the same way! But I just tried to tell him first of all stop thinking about 1st grade and enjoy your summer, and second of all there are lots of fun things he will get to do in 1st grade. To make things even worse, his best friend from Kindergarten would not be joining him in 1st grade because he is being home schooled.
Nate on the other hand seemed to be ready for Preschool. I don't think he quite knew what to expect but he didn't seem to be opposed to it the way Luke was with 1st grade.
Now as for Mom. I wasn't sure what I would think of it. I can handle my kids being gone for a little bit of the day, but I was sad about the idea of feeling like Luke's teacher would get to see more of him than me practically! Luke being very high energy, used to be a lot to handle, but he has become the sweetest, most helpful little boy. I've really loved having him home this summer.
Well despite what we all felt, the time had come. Luke was anxious, but put his "game face" on which he tends to do. Nate was excited for preschool. Here they are before we headed out the door to take drop Luke off first.
Oh my, he is so handsome!
They still love their mama!
Love his smile!
No school for Brad-man, but love his baby blues non-the-less.
One last group hug!
Chance's school started the next day, so he got to join us that day!
Luke and Nate with some neighborhood friends, Bryson and Deyton.
Luke ready to give it a try! What a trooper!
So Luke's drop off went pretty well. Nate through me for a loop and once we got to his preschool class got major cold feet! He hugged me tight and didn't want to let go. He said he didn't want to go to preschool after all! Aaaahhh! Well, I did manage to get him to tough it out with the help of Teacher Barb, however I didn't get any pictures of him at his school since he was pretty upset and because I tried to leave without a big ceremony.
It was really strange it just being Chance, Bradley and I. But it was fun. I like mixing things up a bit. Anyway, when it was time to get Nate I was happy to see that he had come around and decided he liked preschool after all. I realized that he just had no idea what to expect! Here I was dropping him off to some strange place with people he didn't know. I don't really blame him! When it was time to get Luke the first thing he said to me was, "You were right, Mom, I do like 1st grade!"
Yay! Success!






No comments:
Post a Comment