Monday, August 25, 2014

Kid-Anniversary Swap

Both Chance and I and Heather and Chad celebrated our 10 year anniversaries this year in August. Heather and I decided to try swap babysitting duties so that we each could have a kid-free celebration with our hubbys. That included a night alone in our own home while the other one hosted a sleep-over. First up was Chance and my celebration, so Heather took all THREE of my boys! They had a terrific time! She really wore them out, with swimming, playing at the park and then a giant camp out in the living room for a movie! By the way Chad wasn't even around for the evening so she did it all by herself! Very brave and awesome! Here are the kids ready for their movie!

Chance and I had a really relaxing day. Red Robin for lunch, bummed around the Bellevue Mall, then Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Then it was back to our very bizarro quiet, clean home for the night! We woke up to more silence the next morning and enjoyed coffee and breakfast together. It was so great, but we were super excited to see our boys again! We picked them up and took them to my parents for lunch. Bradley was so exhausted he actually asked to go "nigh night" and then as soon I was done reading to him, I think he took about 3 seconds to fall asleep! That must have been one fun sleepover!

Then it was my turn to take on Heather's three kids (luckily I had Chance to help me out. The kids mostly played in our backyard and we also took them to the school. Here are Luke and Wyatt on their way to the elementary school.

 Playing at the school. Thank goodness it wasn't raining!

Movie time! I cheated and put Bradley to bed in his crib. :) I was really glad I had my new couch for this sleepover for me to sleep on! Though I did not sleep well (I'm sure Heather had the same problem).  Any time a child would stir I would wake up on high alert!

The kids were pretty mellow the next morning. It was a late night!

One more walk outside including a visit to Aunt Trisha's house before Heather came to pick them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment