Friday, August 1, 2014

Beach 2014, aka Cape Disappointment

We had such a fun vacation last year at the beach, we couldn't wait for our getaway this year. The boys were so excited! Here is the Norris family ready to hit the road!

Are we there yet?

Rocking to some tunes!

The day we arrived, the weather was BEAUTIFUL. The Condo wasn't ready yet, so we headed to the beach. Luke headed straight for the water! They boys were so happy and so was I. The sun was shining and I love watching the ocean while my kids are having a blast. 

Bradley did a few face plants but didn't seem too bothered by it! He just didn't want to pause his playing for a picture.

We splurged for a 2 bedroom Condo this year and we loved it. Lots of space for us and a BIG Jetted bath tub! Luke even insisted on getting baptized in the tub the first day. He was very insistent so I did as he asked. 

The boys were pretty tuckered out after their long day at the beach so it was movie time!

Sounds like another amazing vacation, right? It was! Until we woke up the next morning to this...


Just in case you are confused, this is what the view looked like the day we got there.
 

I mean, hello? We splurged for the "Ocean View" but could barely see the ocean! I was more than disappointed especially since the weather reports kept saying "morning clouds, than clear". Well that might have been the case in the town of Westport, but the coastline was not so lucky. :( So clouds meant like low 60's and really cold and windy at the beach. The boys spirits did not seem to be effected but their poor little bodies were. Chance would mostly take them to the beach and they would play as long as their cold little bodies could handle it, which would be about an hour or so (Luke tended to last longer) and then they would head back to the condo for a bath to warm them up. Meanwhile, since I would freeze if I went to the beach, I mostly stayed back at the condo (a lot of the times with Brad) looking at fog. 
I tried not to let my disappointment show too much because the boys still seemed to have fun.



Luke would still play in the freezing ocean as long as he could and then when he couldn't take it anymore he would head to the dunes for some jumping.

Despite the bummer weather I still liked hanging out at the condo with the kids. I got a kick out of Bradley and his animals. I love watching these boys play.

And wouldn't you know it, the morning we had to leave... clear as ever.

Memories, regardless of weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment