Friday, June 13, 2014

Nate go boom

Well, it was inevitable I suppose. Frankly I'm surprised it took 6 years for my first emergency trip to the doctor. Nate was the poor victim. He and Luke were running around and he somehow hit his head on the backdoor just right to give himself a nice split-open head wound. I heard him hit and he started wailing. Never a good sign with Nate, cause he doesn't usually cry unless he's really hurt. It didn't take long for me to realize this wasn't just a goose egg. He started bleeding pretty good. I told Luke to grab my phone so I could call Trisha. I initially thought he was going to need stitches, but had no idea where I should take him or how that was going to work with his head split open. Trisha didn't answer. At that point the house was becoming quite a circus. I was trying to remain as calm as I could, all the while Luke is drilling me about what was going to happen to Nate. Meanwhile, Bradley was trying to see what all the commotion was about. Trying to avoid the constant badgering from Luke, I asked him to help me by keeping Bradley away. This did not go over well with Bradley. So I'm fighting with Nate over me trying to keep pressure on the bleeding while Luke was fighting with Bradley. Chaos. Luckily, Trisha called back quickly so I asked her to come over and then I took Nate upstairs to my bathroom to try to figure out some way to stop the bleeding. See my handywork below:

Anyway, at least it got the bleeding to slow down so I could drive him to the Snohomish walk-in clinic. After waiting, impatiently for over 30 minutes I decided to take him to the Lake Stevens clinic instead. At first the doctor was going to give him stitches until I suggested glue. He then decided that was an acceptable option (not sure why he didn't think of that one on his own). Poor Nate was not happy, but all things considered did pretty good. My tough little guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment