Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend to Remember

I will admit that Chance and I were in a bit of a relationship slump. Before Trisha and Lane got married as part of their premarital counseling they attended a marriage conference called the "Weekend to Remember". They loved it and encouraged us to attend it. At the time it just wasn't very plausible. Well, we decided to give it a try. Trisha and my Mom were so kind to watch the boys for us for the weekend. It was the first time Chance and I have spent the night alone together since before Luke was born. It was soooo wierd being away from them like that. Just driving their made me kind of emotional to know I was going to be away from them for the weekend (two nights). But the whole thing was amazing and Chance and I are so glad we did it. It felt like I was in bizarro world being able to have quiet, uninterrupted conversations with Chance! We kind of felt like a young married couple again! It really helped strengthen and recalibrate our relationship. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone, especially those with young children. It is truly an investment for them too. We sure missed these guys though!

Can you tell they missed Daddy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment