Monday, November 18, 2013

Date with Mommy

Chance and I wanted to have some one on one time with the boys so I got to take Luke to watch the Lake Stevens High School performance of "Peter Pan". It was really long for Luke to sit through, but he loved it! I will truly treasure getting to take my little thespian to his first play. The performance was pretty good, but the dialogue was like listening to Shakespeare. Luckily since Luke is somewhat familiar with the story (I'm being sarcastic here), he still really enjoyed it. It was so hilarious because at one point the narrator turned to the crowd and asked them which story they would like to hear about. He was so hard to understand though, even I couldn't really tell what the three options he was giving were! Anyway he looked right and Luke and said, "How about you? Which story would you like to hear?" and Luke perked right up and said, "ME?" and the narrator said, "Yes! Which one would you like?" To which Luke replied, "I don't know what you are saying?!" I think the guy repeated the options and Luke ended up just making up one of his own. I think he said, "the forrest!". It was so stinkin' adorable listening to him. I was so surprised at his confidence! Anyway, of course I had to let him get a picture with Captain Hook afterwards. It's hanging in his bedroom. :)


Then it was Nate and my turn! It was kind of hard to come up with something that he would really enjoy, so I decided to just take him to Toys R Us and let him look at all the toys at his leisure. He really enjoyed it and did such a good job of not getting the "gimmies". Then I took him to Red Robin to share some dessert. He picked the Mountain High Mud Pie. It was a lot, even for us to split!


No comments:

Post a Comment