So my last post on sleep was back in February. I just read it again, and would have to say that thing have improved, though it's still an ongoing battle. We will start with Nate. About a month I decided that I had had enough of sharing our bed with this little squirmer.
I love him to death, and know that someday I will miss those snuggles at night, however I just can't keep functioning on poor sleep and I know it's not good for him either. So we started brainstorming ways to motivate him to stay in his bed. We ended up going to the Disney store and let him (and the other boys) pick out a stuffed animal to sleep snuggle with at night. This ended up being no help, but while at the store I found two sets of toy figures. Each one came with about 7 so I had 14 new toys for Nate to earn. He would get one for each night he stayed in bed till his light turned green. Well he got the concept right away, and though he didn't stay in bed, when he would climb into ours, I would carry him back to his and tuck him in and then leave. I decided that as long as he wouldn't sleep with us or make me sleep with him, I would reward him. Baby steps. Well, he pretty much continued this until he earned all his toys. Now the toys are gone and he is still doing it. I'm hoping he will eventually stop coming into our room, but I'm pretty sure I will have to come up with some new scheme to make this happen. But at least we have reclaimed our bed. Victory!
Now Bradley on the other hand is a bit of a wild card. I never quite know when he's going to start being difficult or just go to sleep easy. He is transitioning to one nap, so that has been hard. Several days of him screaming in his crib. And this boy has quite a resolve. Hopefully with a little more training and figuring out his schedule we can get back on track with that.
Now onto my greatest frustration. Both Nate AND Bradley seem to have their internal clocks set to somewhere between 5-6am. It is a struggle to keep them both sleeping till at least 6am. And they both wake each other up. There have been two times since Bradley was 6 months old that Chance and I have simultaneously slept in past 7am. And only one of those times was the sleep completely uninterrupted by a child. I know this, because it was the two times Trisha took Luke and Nate for a sleepover.
Ugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment