Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day Surprise

I have to brag about my awesome Mother's Day surprise. First of all, I got a very relaxing weekend. Chance let me out of the house on Saturday to do whatever I wanted. He watched the boys and I came back for a few brief feedings and then I was on my way again. That was nice enough, but he took it a step further this year. The following Thursday he surprised me by taking a half day off from work. He brought me some lunch and the gave me three envelopes. The first one I wasn't allowed to open till I was in the car. Well it included cards with step by step instructions that led me to Gene Juarez in Bellevue! When I arrived, envelop to included a gift card and money and informed me that I was getting two special services there. I got there early so I was able to walk around Bellevue for a bit. It was a beautiful day so I decided to walk to the mall. I felt like I was back in LA! People walking around in the sunshine in the city. It is weird how different my life is these days, but it was really fun to pretend I was living the child-less, carefree life for an afternoon! (Except for the fact that I only shopped at the Disney Store for the boys while I was in the mall - LOL. Can you ever REALLY turn it off?)

So I headed back to Gene Juarez were I was informed that I was getting an hour massage!!!! I was giddy! Here I am in the fancy robe ready for my massage!
I've never gotten a professional massage before and let me say it was awesome! Definitely want to do that again some day! After that was done I was told I would be getting a pedicure, but I had about 30 minutes before that was scheduled. I decided to try out the shower there (since I was all oily from the massage). The shower facility they have is sooo cool! The Shower head dumps water directly above you, while eight different jets shoot water out from the sides. I felt so clean! Plus they had all the amenities you need to get all cleaned up! 

I'm going to admit I wasn't as excited for the pedicure as I was the massage. Little did I know how awesome the pedicure would be! It was like a whole other massage for my legs! And so relaxing too! When my spa day was over I read my final envelope. I was told to go to the Cheesecake Factory in Bellevue to meet Chance for dinner! We had an extra dinner guest (Bradley). He has some difficulty being without his Mommy and Daddy at this point. But I didn't mind. He was a handsome little addition. Dinner was great. It was really nice to have a conversation without the interruptions of two loud and crazy little boys every 30 seconds!

Being a mother is a lot like being a slave. You adore your little masters (most of the time), but you are still at their mercy all day (and night). It was so thrilling to get to be taken care of for the day! I will always remember this very special treat. Thanks Chance for making me feel so appreciated. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment