Saturday, April 24, 2010
The Lock Out
I don't have a cute picture for this story, but I figured I would document it none the less. Yesterday I went out in the garage for a minute or two and left Luke in the house. He hasn't figured out how to open doors, so I figured he would just hang out in there. I could hear him rattling the doorknob, but I knew he was just trying to open it to come out in the garage with me so I didn't really think much of it. So as went to open the door from the garage to get back in the house I realized that Luke had managed to do more than just rattle the doorknob... he locked it! So there I am locked out of the house while my two year old is inside. I tried not to panic, but as I a tried to coax him to somehow unlock the door, I realized quickly that this wasn't going to be an easy fix. Since I had no cell phone with me, I opened the garage door and headed out into the neighborhood. I'm sure I was an interesting site, 38 weeks pregnant, wearing Chance's flip flops, jogging through the neighborhood. I headed to a neighbor friend's house, but they weren't home, so I went to a second friend's house. Luckily, she was home and let me borrow her cell phone. I headed back to the house, while I worked on contacting Trish. I knew she was the only one with a key who would be able to get to my house the quickest. Luckily, I had the blinds open on one of the living room windows, so Luke pretty much just came up to the window asking to come outside with me for most of the time I waited for Trish to get there. Thankfully, Trisha was able to leave work and open the door for me and I was reunited with my little menace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Any thoughts on a hidden key? We have all been there.
ReplyDelete