Monday, April 19, 2010

He's TWO!

I can breathe a little easier now that I have made it past Luke's birthday without going into labor. My big fear was that I would have the baby before his party! My little boy turned 2 on Saturday and we had a pizza party for him at my parents house. It was lots of fun getting the families together. Luke really seemed to enjoy himself.


Luke LOVED having everyone sing Happy Birthday to him. He had a huge smile on his face and started clapping at the end. It was so funny. He kept saying "want happy birthday" afterwards.

Borne coming to check out the cupcake.

This was the first time Luke has EVER had a cupcake (or a dessert of his own for that matter). If you recall, last year he wouldn't touch his birthday cupcake. He gobbled it down pretty fast.

Here he is about to open presents. I think he needed a quick break.

He had lots of helpers opening his presents for him, which is good, because he wasn't really on top of that task.

He did however enjoy playing with his gifts once they were opened. Here are the kids trying out the baseball tee from Asher.


I was surprised to see him catch on to his new scooter from Grandma and Grandpa Norris so quickly!

And he got a lawn mower from his Daddy which he LOVES. He can't get enough of it. We gave it to him in the morning and I swear he had one firm grasp on it at ALL times. Seriously, during breakfast, on the drive to his party. I finally had to sneak it away from him when he was distracted because he was getting so upset when one of his cousins wanted to come over to check it out! He'd have one hand on the lawn mower and his face buried in Daddy's lap if anyone got to close. We're going to have to work on the sharing thing! Here he is helping Dad mow the lawn the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment