Now on to Luke's new language. He has really been babbling up a storm lately. In the morning and after naps it cracks me up to listen to him talking to himself in his crib. He's been saying "Papa" for awhile (that's Grandpa) and so I've been trying to get him to say "Grandma". He doesn't quite have it right, but his version is much more entertaining...
Here is a good example of his "language". I was trying to get him to say his ABC's (which he is doing pretty good as you will see later), but he deviated a bit this time.
A few weeks ago, Auntie Trisha and I took Luke for a walk to the river. He had never been there before and I was surprised to see him head right in! He kept wanting to go in deeper and deeper even though the water was freezing!
Here he is watching his Dad play indoor soccer. He watched for about 30 seconds and then was off and running the halls the rest of the time.
Here is a video of Luke saying part of his ABC's. He can't say all the letters, but he says a lot of them. Sometimes when he is riding in his carseat he will just start saying random letters.
And now, the Caped Crusader! Lately Luke has been wanting to wear one of Chance's shirts like a cape. One night he also entertained himself for awhile by putting the shirt over his head and walking around the house. I guess he likes to live on the edge!
Final thoughts... The biggest change with Luke is his vocabulary. It's really growing by the day. He points to everything now and shouts "taaddoww", which means "what is that?" He's really interested in what everything is called and it seems like he learns a new word a day! The other day I ran upstairs to go the bathroom and he stayed at the bottom of the stairs yelling what sounded like "Come ON!" over and over again. It's getting harder for me to record his moments, however since he has become obsessed with looking at pictures and videos of himself on the camera, so literally every time I get it out to take a picture or video of something he is doing, he come racing over, insisting on looking at it! Frustrating! Here are a couple of extra random pics from the last month.
I'm not sure which is more entertaining in the video - Luke walking around with the shirt over his head, or Chance making sure he doesn't bump into anything. ha!
ReplyDelete