Sunday, October 11, 2015

It's my blog and I can brag if I want to

The Lake Stevens School district does a Cross Country race at that high school every year for elementary students. I wanted to do it the last two years but we always had conflicts so finally this year the boys were able to do it. Unfortunately, I could not go because I had a prior Norwex party commitment. I was so sad to miss it, but ordered Chance to take lots of video! Plus Trisha went to it and called to give me the play by play and boy was it exciting!

The boys were really looking forward to their first race. Luke was practicing up and down the hallway that morning and he told me that he practiced at recess that day while his friend Emily timed him. LOL. How nice of her to help him train. 

Luke's group ran first (1st and 2nd graders - they run at the same time, but do separate ribbon ceremony's). Here is the start!

Right away Luke and a couple other boys took the lead. They headed off to the "woods" and disappeared for a little. When they reappeared it was neck and neck between Luke and this other boy (Carter).

The next time the kids appeared Luke had taken the lead!!!

And here is my little boy coming to the finish line. I have always called him my little hamster on a wheel because he has so much energy in our small little house/yard he's just constantly on the move and now I know why! This boy was born to run!
(Chance's video was very bumpy - he was holding Nate. Luckily my friend Andrea sent me her version).

I can't believe I not only missed my boys very first race/first place finish, but I also missed getting to hear his name announced over a loud speaker for the first time!

First place! I'm a tad bit proud of this boy.

Nate ran with the Kindergarten/Preschool group. They allowed older siblings or parents to run with this group, but Nate did it on his own. Quite a group! Right from the start Nate turns on his wheels and runs as fast as his tiny legs will take him. He has so much heart! Look at him checking out his competition as he runs! LOL

Trisha saw him fall at one point in the race (classic Nate by the way) but he hopped right back up and kept going. Nate finishing strong!

Nate ended up getting 6th place, the last place to make it on the podium! So he got his name announced too! It took Chance a while to convince Nate that he wasn't last place, he was the last one to make it on the podium and get a ribbon other than a participant ribbon. Haha.

I wish I could have been there. They both had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next race!

That night Luke ended up getting a sore throat and was sick all day the next day. Totally wiped! Stayed in bed the whole day. Poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment