These boys know the way to my heart is appreciation (and snuggles). Being a Mom is NOT a thankless job with these boys. One morning I woke up to find this in front of the playroom:
What was the surprise? They were hard at working cleaning up a very messy playroom one morning. They love to surprise me with a clean house. And I LOVE it when they do!
One day Luke decided to hatch a plan to give me another surprise. He worked together with Chance and his brothers (including a "council meeting" the night before). When I woke up on Saturday morning (Chance let me sleep in) they greeted me with hugs and a surprise that they arranged a movie date with me and my sister. We went to "Inside Out" that morning. It was very cute.
When I got back from the movie a "surprise party" was waiting for me!
All this for ME????
Decorations, balloons, flowers, chocolate, rice krispy treats, cookies, cards and best of all plans for family fun! The boys all came up with ideas for games - hungry hungry hippos, charades, and we were going to end it with an afternoon at the pool. Luke wanted to give me this special day to thank me for all I do for them. I know, right? Ridiculously sweet. Like over-the-top and soooo underserved! They were all so sweet and Chance has been working long hours at the clinic this summer. It was so nice of him to give up his day off to help Luke make this party happen.
Unfortunately... I ended up not feeling well and needed to go lay down. I felt TERRIBLE for cutting this special day short, but the boys were understanding. Such sweet boys.




No comments:
Post a Comment