Wednesday, July 15, 2015

No turning back

The dreaded time has arrived. I am referring, of course, to the potty training of my stubborn Bradley boy. Did he show signs of readiness? No, other than the fact that he turned 3 and I am over being patient. So I decided to just bite the bullet and dive in. It has been a slow process. He doesn't care about peeing in the potty or being out of a diaper or even having a soiled diaper (or underwear for that matter). All issues that complicate this process. Throw in his bowel issues and it's a party! It took a few days for him to figure out how to pee on command. He is doing pretty well with that. I still make him try to pee frequently, so we haven't quite gotten to him telling me when he needs to go potty, but last night when he was in the bath he did tell me so I think we are making progress. It has been about 5 days and the accidents are less, though pooping, which he goes for days without doing anyway isn't really happening willingly. I pretty much catch him trying to hold it and try to make him go. Doesn't really work, but that's not surprising. He does the same thing in a diaper. The good news is, I'm not holding my breath as much and keeping an eagle eye on him quite as much as the first few days. He is getting used to sitting on the potty so that's good. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment