Friday, December 26, 2014

Lots of Christmas Fun!

It was another merry Christmas season for the Norris family. December keeps me very busy. Lots of planning, but it is all so fun to make the Christmas season special for not only the little boys but for Chance too. We had lots of fun family activities planned. I told the boys I wasn't sure we would do the Advent Calendar this year, because sometimes they start getting a little entitled and throw fits if the daily activity isn't something they deem enjoyable. In November we told the boys we were going to the store to buy stuff for the operation Christmas Child. Nate was not into it and of course whined and complained that he wanted to stay home. Luke wasn't too thrilled about it either at which point I reminded them that this was the very reason we may not do the calendar this year. Well, Luke perked up pretty quick and then told me, "Mom, even though it's not my favorite thing to do, I will still help buy gifts for the little boy because God loves him too and.... I WANT that calendar!
I decided to go ahead with it (shocking, I know) and for the most part the boys did really good. Nate occasionally had to stifle his disappointment with certain activities, but in the end seemed to enjoy them all. Here is a recap of some of our Christmas fun this season.

Making marshmallow snowmen.

Decorating Christmas cookies.

Lights of Christmas. We haven't done this one since Nate was a baby. It was a little rainy that day, but we still had fun. 



Christmas Light bath. Prior to the bath we went on a ride on the "Polar Express" to look at Christmas Lights.




Decorating "Christmas Trees". The boys love this one, mostly because of the candy eating they get to do along the way.

Bradley was really concerned about Nate eating too much of the candy


 3rd Annual "Game Night with Friends" with the Jensen family.

Snowball Fight!

Hot Potato. Nate had a love-hate relationship with this game. He wanted to win so bad, but each time we played it he was like the first one out! Watch how nervous he gets the first pass around and then sadly, he was left holding it! Poor Naters. :(

Family Game Night. We played charades (though our rules are rather loose no the no talking). The boys loved it! I was surprised how much Nate and even Bradley liked it. Bradley totally got the concept and did a really good job! 

Here is Bradley taking a turn. He would come up with what or who he would be and act it out all on his own! It's hard to tell, but he came in the room doing the Darth Vader breathing.


Here is Luke taking a turn. Nate would get so excited trying to be the first one to guess it right.




The kids had a great time on Christmas Eve at the Simon Grandparents.


Christmas Day was great. Though I'm never good at getting many pictures of it. I try to live in the moment more on these days. :) Here is Luke wearing his new Captain Hook hat on Christmas morning.

On our way up to celebrate Christmas at the Norris grandparent's.
The Norris exploding Christmas Tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment