Saturday, October 4, 2014

School Update

So the first couple of days went fine for Luke. Then suddenly I think the reality set it in, that this was no temporary thing. I packed him sack lunches and I think there was some confusion in the lunch room because I would also write him notes, but he wanted to keep them, but the lunch people would tell him to throw his garbage away... anyway it caused his first "emotional episode" (aka: crying) on day 3 and it was a whole new battle from that moment on. Lots of crying and I would have to walk him all the way to his class everyday (which is kind of an ordeal with the other two boys along). He would hug me tight and fight back his tears. It was pretty sad. I think it was about a week before his first "tear free" day, though there has been a lot of "I almost cried today, Mom". Last week I finally convinced him to let me drop him off at the doors of the school and he walked to his class without me. He has been doing   better now, and I hope he continues to adjust. I have to work on telling him to stand up for himself because he keeps complaining about having to play with this girl at recess because she "makes him". One day he told me he felt like Pharoah because he kept "refusing". He cracks me up!

Nate on the other hand has been pretty good with preschool. He seems to look forward to it. He loves all the projects they do. It's right up his alley. By the third day, his teacher had discovered his artist skills and commented to me that he is "quite the little artist". She was really impressed with his hand control.

I really like having the ability to run more errands during the day with it just being Bradley in the mornings with me M,W,F. It gives me more time at home with the family on the weekends. I don't mind the little break from Nate while he's at preschool. It helps me appreciate him more. It makes me sad having Luke gone all day, but most days I keep pretty busy and try not to focus on it. I just want my kids happy. When they are happy I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment