These little boys give me so much more love than I deserve. Nate has always been a mommy's boy, but for some reason ever since Luke started Kindergarten he seems to be more attached to me than ever. One night Chance told Luke about the time I moved to California while we were dating. Luke burst into tears worried that I would leave them too! Oh dear. I'm really paying for that story let me tell you! Luke even had a dream one night where he said I moved away for seven years. I asked him why I moved away and he said because I was getting an award for being such a good mom! Haha. Well anyway, I have to do lots of reassuring these days that I will NOT leave. But I'm loving the extra love and snuggles I get from these boys.
Nate gives the best hugs. He squeezes tight and presses his cheek right next to mine. He tells me things like, "I love you more than anyone else loves you." He sure treats me like it! He decided to make me a card and asked Chance to help him spell out his message. He said it was me and him snuggling along with the rest of the family (oh, and Bradley was holding two snakes).
This was the back of the "card". He said it was our family in Africa.
Luke made me this card for me one day.
This is what it said on the back.
He also wrote this note for me recently too.
I think this boy may have the sweetest and biggest heart I have ever known. He tells me things like, if there was a contest between me and someone else for best mom, I would win. Like I said, I don't deserve their undying love and I'm not sure how long this wonderful phase of showering mommy with love and affection will last. But I'm doing my best to soak it up (and document it)!






No comments:
Post a Comment