So once again we had a joint party for Luke and Nate at my parents. I had such high hopes, thinking the weather would cooperate and the kids would have so much fun playing outside. Well, we missed the nice weather by a day and it pretty much drizzled the entire day! Boo! The kids still seemed to have fun, but it was a crowded house. I don't have many pics to show for it, as I'm crazy busy running a party for two kids! Luke wanted a "Captain Hook" party so I decided to go with the theme and make Nate's a "Tic Toc Croc" one. Here are Luke's cupcakes...
And Nate's...
My big project was making treasure maps for the kids. The map had a piratey obstacle course they needed to go through, collecting "gold dubloons" at each station. When they collected all five they got their "treasure". Here are the maps...
The map had them:
-Skip across Crocodile Creek
-Dig for buried treasure
-Crawl through Tiki Tree Forest
-Walk the Plank
-Target Practice
This was what I worked the hardest on. Most of the kids still did it, even in the rain! Again, no pictures! :(
Boys having some pizza!
Singing "Happy Birthday" to Luke... I mean Hook.
Singing "Happy Birthday" to Naters!
The boys had fun, so that's what matters. When Nate was opening up his presents he kept saying, "This is the best birthday ever!!"
After it was all over Luke had a case of the post-birthday blues! Poor kid! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment