Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fevers are kind of nice

Okay this is going to make me sound terrible. But sometimes, just sometimes I kind of enjoy Luke getting a fever once in awhile. You see, this boy is at a 10 most of the day and when he gets a fever he gets knocked down to about a 5 and though I'm sad that he's not feeling 100% I can't help but enjoy the  peace that comes with him sleeping or relaxing. Yesterday he fell asleep in our bed around 4:30pm and didn't wake up till 10:30pm! He slept right through dinner and was a bit disoriented when he woke up. But his fever broke at that moment so he was able to eat something. Did I mention that he gets very chatty when he is sick? He's hilarious to listen to! He was talking a mile a minute when he woke up. He also gets very sweet and loving. Wants to snuggle and have me tickle his face. When you have a child that is never at rest, it's a little refreshing when something, even a fever stops him for a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment